Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sleeping Heart

My heart is asleep.

This is what I recently discovered while lying on my bed one sleepless night. I tried tapping on it a couple of times and I finally concluded. Goodness, it IS asleep. I was not really surprised, just quite in awe. You see, the slumber is very much welcome--convenient for me to work on my character, my ministry and all my plans.

Apol and I were talking during one of those weekly sleep overs we have and I mentioned, "I finally appreciate the dealings." (Because yes, at a point I did struggle, and the recent dealings, well it's a long story). "Why?" she asked. "Well, in times of... err... insanity (with no better word to use), it's good that there's just virtually NO ONE to think about, and to wallow about, and to wonder (as in "Siya na ba?" kind of wonder) about. So I snap out of it easily. And that just makes me feel so free. Lol

My heart is asleep. It is not restless, it does not yearn. It beats for no one but my Lord.

Until that time comes maybe, until that time comes.

Passage Song of Solomon 2:7:

7 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you
by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love
until it so desires.