Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Way Back... Into Love?

Posted: January 30,2005

What do you do when an old lover lingers by your doorstep?

I inhale the scent of yesterday and realize it wasn't just a dream. There's a vague taste of nostalgia, but twas too disjointed from reality really to unearth memories I refuse to acknowledge.

What do you do when an old lover says hello?

I wonder if time stopped from where he stood or I just thought I've ran far enough already. Do old lovers really trail behind, though you think it was all abandoned?

What do you do when an old lover smiles?

Almost a stranger, but too familiar to be one. And I, much different from the one who was in his arms(but not entirely changed I guess, to be unrecognized).

What do you do when an old lover reaches out his hand?

Looking forward to the vast unknown that lies before me, then looking back to the comfort of familiar arms... I hesitate for a while.

But that is not where I belong.

######

pangunahan ko na kayo. Hindi ito dahil kay ano. I just found it a fitting metaphor.