Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Of Changes and Unchanging Things

I am... unsettled... now, about a lot of possible changes that are about to come. I've always been the type of person who resists change but I don't know. I woke up one morning and I realized that I need this anyway. New things, new things. They could be good, too.

Ironically, this night out also reminded me that there are things that don't change. Preppier clothes, fancier cars, pounds (whether lost or gained) ,and new people in our lives come; but beyond all this, it's still the same banter, the same memories... the same person. This is quite reassuring-- that people may move about in your life, your environment may always change, but there are those who will remain to be your "person" as Meredith Grey would put it.

Great night, great night.