Monday, June 4, 2007

Magnanimous blog

Muli nanaman kaming nagkita. Napakatagal nang panahon ang nakalipas mula noong huli ko siyang nasilayan. Akala ko ay namalikmata lang ako pero siya nga. siya nga si magnanimous crush.

Let me start with the beginning of my Saturday: my devotions. My devotions was about Jesus walking on water. I was wondering why Jesus had to walk past his discpiles, on water take note, when He could have simply calmed the storm for them. And then I realized-- Jesus was showing them what can be done. Jesus was changing the ways of His disciples by showing them that instead of fretting, they can actually walk on water. Instead of worrying about one's circumstances, one can actually rise above the torrents. Unfortunately, only Peter dared to follow suit.

That day I got to reflect on my ways. The things I settle on because I dare not follow suit after my Lord. That morning, I prayed for eyes that would see what is possible in Christ and the heart that would dare follow after my Lord.

Kinagabihan ay nakita ko sa TV si magnanimous crush. Ni-interview siya ni Donita Rose sa channel 33.

Next to John lloyd, he is my most artistahin crush (considering the fact that John lloyd is an artista). I remember my colleagues and I were enamored almost instantly by his good looks. He was tall, dark, lean and ruggedly handsome. There was a whiff of mystery in the intensity of his eyes and such charm in his quick wit and intelligent remarks.

I remember I even wrote a blog entry about him.

There was another side to his good looks and charm, I discovered. While watching him converse with Donita, I was in utter disbelief as I listened to him talk of his faith and his total turn-around for the Lord; I was awestruck by the depth of his insight regarding vision and love. One of his analogies I could not forget is about relationships: two people being intimate, whether physical or emotional, is like two different colored pieces of paper being glued to each other-- like red and white, he cites. When the relationship ends, the pieces of paper break off from each other leaving marks of the red paper on the white and vice versa. Sadly, the breaking off may even leave large holes. Profound, eh?

I am not saying that Jesus is showing him to me now because he is the one; God forbid that his wonderful marriage with his equally good looking wife would end. But in the midst of all the voices telling me to settle, God shows me that He still make men of this kind--- men of vision, of faith, of surrender... and of good looks! wahaha