Thursday, August 16, 2007

No Rain on My Parade

Egay was my major birthday guest yesterday. Amazingly, I barely had to use my umbrella (much less my pink raincoat...yeah, not again) despite the typhoon. I heard that the flood in Buendia was waist-deep. Some people got drenched in the rain on the way to work and some got stuck in traffic. And I... I was walking on sunshine. Literally.


Marveling at the special favor of walking on dry ground on a stormy day, the Lord reminded me of the phrase "In the Eye of the Storm." You see, eagles are unlike other birds who scramble for shelter when rain pours. Eagles rise above the rains, ride the winds, find the eye of the storm, and soar unaffected there. Similarly, an eagle Christian in God's will experiences storms, yet soars above life's turmoil, riding the winds of the Spirit.

Haha, egay's presence was surely felt, but she hardly affected my day.

++++++++

I penned my wishlist a few entries back, now here's my birthday gratitude list :)

Thank You Lord for the 25 years.




1. Thanks for the eureka Bible! I've been eyeing this for the past 3 months. (It was my cellmates' gift... and it came with a cake!)



... 2. Thanks for taking me a step closer to my dream career this year.

3. Thank you for your Presence.


4. Thank you for the 10 lbs I lost (and the 10 more lbs I would lose? puhlease?).


5. Thanks for the new friends I got to meet this year :)







6. Thank you for making me a part of Jill's d cell.






... 7. Thanks for the answered prayers from my last Christmas list like: my ipod, the Sagada trip ... and all the other material blessings.

8. Thank you for all the revelations during my devotions.

9. Thanks for keeping my family safe and healthy this year.

10. Thank you for granting ma and dad their US visa.



11. Thanks for the delight my nephew and nieces brought to us.








... 12. Thank you for old high school friends who never forget.


13. Thank you for blogs.


14. Thank you for reviving me during the time when I felt like giving up.


15. Thank you for giving me another chance.


16. Thanks for the laughter and tears I shared with dear friends Apol, Cha, and cellmates.



... 17. Thanks for the intelligently written series LOST and all the other series that kept me company during my bum season.


18. Thanks for the supernatural growth of my cellmates and of myself this year. I wouldn't trade all that we had to go through this season. :)


19. Thank you for everyting I learned ang gained in Convergys. Thanks for the great people I met, the discipline and work ethics i learned; for the self-confidence I gained.



20. Thank you for the friends i met in my short stay in OCSI- Marichel, Sei and Marge.



21. Thank you for the leaders you are raising from among us; thanks for the G-12 vision.





22. Thanks for the buckets of ice blended white chocolate dream, frapuccino and caramel macchiato.




23. Thank you for bringing me to Destiny and for growing me here; for great pastors like ate Zha and kuya Carlo. I just so know I'm in the right place at the right time.




24. Thank you for the cross; For giving your only begotten Son, Jesus, to demonstrate your love for me and to show me how serious you are in bringing me to my destiny.

25. Thank you for all that you have in store for me. Truly, no eye has seen, no ear has heard and no mind has ever conceived what you have prepared for those who love you.

I know there's gotta be more than 25 things I should thank you for.There is. My list would go on and on though, so here are my top 25. Thanks so much Daddy God. :)