Thursday, August 9, 2007

We Made it Through the Rain

The rains have been merciless the past few days. Since last Monday, people were getting anxious about the non-stop pour. Joon said there was a twister that blew away part of their garage. Some officemates spent the night over at the office due to flooded roads.

Ako, I got home safe. Our roof wasn't blown away. No hassle on my part, except that we had to stay a bit longer at CBTL yesterday to let the heavy rain pass.

I heard there was a nationwide prayer for rain. I didn't know, haha. The only TV shows I get to watch are Boy and Kris and Game knb?. Sabi ni Roger, ang systems dude namin, "Bakit kelangan pa umulan? Bat di nalang hayaang mamatay sa uhaw ang mga tao?"

I saw on the news on-line that the non-stop rain still did not quite meet the mark for angat dam. Kapos pa ng mga 20 meters.

Honestly, I got the hang of the rain. Each day, my attire evolves to keep mecomfortable, dry and warm-- what sociology might call adaptation or something. After a couple of rainy days, I finally learned to dress for the rain, so long looong summer days. At least I got to wear sneakers without getting frowns from our security guard. I got to wear some cool clothes and jackets. bad trip lang, I had the courage to wear my pink raincoat today, over my green sweatshirt, over my brown shirt-- I was all ready with my armor-- only to realize that the rain gods were finally appeased. Darn, my raincoat didn't even taste a single drop of rain.