Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Of Birthday Eves and My Good Friend Lina



My first ever e-greeting came from my good friend Lina and her dabarkads on the left. I was touched. Not only is Lina concerned with my career and employment (obvious with her daily job alerts), she also remembered my birthday and gave me a really prettyemail.

*******

Meg's Birthday
Date: August 15
Closures: Banks, Government, Business Offices, and some Retails in Portugal, Gabon, French Guina, and many other countries (really! check their calendars ;))
Description: A splendid day to give thanks to the Lord Almighty for such a wonderful, gorgeous, and brilliant creation such as Meg.
Background: Meg was born on this day some 18 years ago (wahahaha)
How Celebrated: I remember a picture when I turned two. I wore a white dress with red polka dots while blowing my cake. I think I was four when ma baked me a crema de fruita. All the other years were a blur. Never had another party until I turned 18 when all my guests got wasted. I had a party last year but wouldn't have one this year due to financial constraints. The day would instead be spent in the office working and in a cell meeting ni the evening.

Too bad not everyone could get the humor behind this format. Cheers WTP ;)