Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tidbit Update

Black Eye

My eye is finally getting back to normal. I had a black swollen right eye for a few days. Fortunately, the bruise lined my eyelid elegantly much like a dark greenish-blue eye shadow.

No, I am not a battered wife. Er, I am not a wife altogether. I am more of a battered aunt. Migoy and I were on a tickle fest on my mom’s bed last weekend when in his glee, he accidentally gave me a terrible headbutt. Migoy sobbed for a few seconds, sobered, and resumed to his harot while I was still seeing stars and chirping birds flying around me.

Long weekend

I had an extra long weekend. Aside from the Monday holiday (*Salutes to Ninoy*), I also took a leave last Tuesday. I’m trying to spend as much quality time with my parents before they leave for the States. We had a post-birthday dinner at Teriyaki Boy Sunday night, went pseudo-shopping with sister last Monday, and strolled in the mall with parents (swapping ice cream cones with mom) Tuesday night. Reminded me of this article I wrote.

Moving

It just dawned to me this morning as I woke up— all the changes that would happen in a couple of weeks. Mom and Dad are leaving, possibly for good. I, not wanting to leave the Philippines, swallowed hard in realization of really having to live on my own. It’s not that I haven’t been living on my own for the past eight years, but somehow it's different when they are not a bus ride away anymore. Despite my 5-or-more-days-a-week stay in Manila, home has always been my parents' home. When things don't work out for me, they are ususally just there. When I suddenly decide to resign from work (which I have a reputation of doing), I go home. When I'm broke I go home. When I'm lonely, I go home. But would home still be home in a couple of weeks?

I am also moving to another apartment. After living with my friends (and my spiritual mom) for the past 3 years, in my comfort zone, Quezon City, I now brave to move for many reasons. I have been praying about this and I realized it is really time to break camp. The cloud is moving. I need to grow out of my comfort zones. Well that, plus the practical stuff of proximity to work.

*gulp* some growing up I need to do.