Saturday, August 16, 2008

Birthday Update

I can't really remember the last time I felt this special on my birthday. Despite the failed surprise attempts (i.e. Text message: "Di ba po birthday ni ate meg today? Let's surprise her... Pwede ba kayo?" My reply: "Oo, pwede naman ako.") I really appreciate the effort.


I was also surprised how my officemates were able to sneak in the cake without leaving a trail. And the effort to walk a guy through buying a cute present was heartwarming haha.


That day Lu texted me, "So what do you want to do ba?"
I replied, "Go wild. Eat lots of gelato and sing off-key."
Actually, I typed from the top of my head. And I meant it more in a figurative way really.

But after the planned dinner at Amici (where yes, I had my gelato fill), they brought me to Music 21 where I got to sing my heart out mindless of those musical technicalities called notes. Oh yeah. I sang like a drunk boy in puberty, but who cares. Never mind that I was a sober 26-year old female. It was my freaking birthday.

















I got pretty special stuffed presents too (aside from my one year supply of kikay things?). The aforementioned stroke-victim bear, a stuffed uhm, hand warmer is it? which I am not sure if it is winking or...*horrified gasp* could it have suffered stroke too? and a quadriplegic, but awfully adorable, pup.




Seriously, thanks guys.
*hugs*



(*sorry for those not included in the photos... for some reason, there weren't much group photos that night)