Monday, November 10, 2008

F*ck you change!

Warning: Hormone-surge moment (seriously, I even emoticon-hugged my editor today.)

Too many changes happening lately.

Old familiar feelings resurface. I suddenly feel six years old again and my favorite sister goes to college in the city. I feel 15 and my bestfriend finds a new buddy. I feel 18 and my friends one by one move on to couple-hood.
For most of my time since then, I have steered away from attachment knowing that, f*uck, things change. People move on. And it sucks to be left behind looking clueless thinking, "Where are you going? Aren't we all warm and cozy here?"
Unfortunately, I guess I have inevitably been attached to a lot of really nice things and really nice people lately and all these (inevitable) changes leave me with this unsettling feeling again. F*ck you change.