Monday, July 23, 2007

Fragments of thoughts

Google

Google has been my bestfriend for the past four months.Although initially they (the bosses and engineers) came up with ideas of acquiring books, contacting consuls, visiting libraries and other research means, we still ended up with the good ol' Google. As in we google everything we need to write about and voila! instant article.

I got so google-attached that even non-work-related stuff I google almost by reflex. A couple of weeks ago, my friends and I ended up talking about butterflies and moths. Dan asked, "are all caterpillars green?" With no answer stashed in the recesses of my brain (why didn't my students ask that question when we had an entire semester talking about butterflies?), I told him that i'd get back to him. And so I googled it. And i did get back to him to tell him that no, not all caterpillars are green.

My sister once texted and asked about her hubby's doctor's diagnosis; i googled it. An officemates once asked about the usage of a phrase; i googled it. I remembered an old friend this afternoon; i googled him (stalker?!). Goodness, it is true. Almost all information is a tinker a way nowadays.

Zafra



Stumbled upon Jessica Zafra's blog. She's still funny as usual but it seems like the magic of Zafra left me. Is it because bitterness, sarcasm and acrid statements do not do it for me any longer? Or is it because she's been over-exposed and commercialized that she became less the hero that i once thought she was? And reading her stuff that didn't sell(these are blog entries, not published Twisted essays), I realized tha she is a geek capable of writing a lot of boring stuff, too. I have nothing against you jessica. just random thoughts.

Bus

I've always loved bus rides.I have had my share of traumatic bus rides,mind you. But nothing really stopped me from choosing busses over, say, the MRT.

I hate the MRT. I hate the fact na mabilis nga ang biyahe mo, naka-splat ka naman sa bintana, or worse, sa kilikili ng katabi mo. Besides, I don't get bored easily despite the traffic in Crossing ibabaw. You can leave me with nothing but my thoughts and a comfortable seat for a while and you won't hear me complain or see me become restless.

Lately may favorite bus ako. Yung purple na bagong bus. Ang luwag ng seats and may LCD screens sa harap at sa gitna. Kaya lang di ko na sha masyado fave ngayon. Kasi naman, aside from the fact na ang weird ng collection nila ng dvd's, lahat ng tao gustong sumakay dun. Siksikan na tuloy.

Bottom line

I have none. Just... fragments of thoughts lingering in my head.