Monday, December 3, 2007

Closed Doors

If there's one thing I've been learning to love lately, it's the sight of a closed door. The feelings that go with it would always be there I guess-- rejection and loneliness do always sting even just a bit.. stuff you don't really get numb to.

It really amazes me how the things that used to send me scurrrying into my bitter shell seems to liberate me even more. Hopes that never came to pass-- an application turned down, a business venture not materializing, a diet that doesn't work (and weight that was never lost) or a seemingly special guy getting married... closed doors.

I guess knowing the good Heavenly Father makes bittereness impossible. How could a good Father hold back something good from His child?
Now I feel like a closed door is more of a wonderful favor from a caring Dad who doesn't want you to go wasting your time staring at the wrong door for too long; who doesn't want you to settle for less than the perfect one He wills for you.

Seeing it that way, it still stings a bit, but it makes me feel so much better.
Much better than ice cream, low fat pa :)