Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Lonely Christmas blog # 2,710,001

Struck with curiosity as to how many people actually had "lonely Christmas" as their blog topic, I googled these key words: blog+lonely+Christmas. Guess how many hits I got? 2,710,000 results.

That probably gives you a clue on what I am about to blog, huh?

Well Christmas was really not THAT lonely. Jet and I did enjoy our almost-tradition roadtrip-- to Baguio this time (the last time was Banawe-Sagada). But it is lonely for a few reasons:

1. Lola died of stroke the eve of Christmas :(
2. It's my first Christmas without my parents home
3. Having spent time with Atsi, Kuya Marvs and the kids last month, I missed them terribly after they left. Especially the chinky-eyed tandem of Faith-faith and Bebe!
4. Spending Christmas day on a funeral service
5. Working late in the office alone the day after Christmas
6. Being alone in my apartment for the next couple of weeks
(You do notice that I deliberately did not include being single on this list right?)

According to survey, suicide rates spike during Christmas season. I suppose it's the isolation people feel when everyone else seems to be happy and having fun. Come to think of it, with all th lonely people in the world, including the 2 million lonely bloggers, nobody really has to be that lonely since a lot of people share the same predicament. I'm sure there'd be somebody there to have a Merry Christmas with, if only we look at who is there beside us instead of wallowing on who is not.

Have a Merry Christmas lonely bloggers!